The past week has been a giant blob of BLEH, so I have nothing really to report. I do, however, have a smattering of useless thoughts swimming in my head, such as...
1. I am now 26 AND A HALF weeks pregnant. How did I get here? (Well, I mean, I know how I got here, but I mean...you know...nevermind...)
2. My belly button is basically non-existent at this point. Will I just wake up one morning, and it's gone? Or will it randomly just pop out one day while I'm sitting at my desk at work? And will that HURT? I wonder...
3. I bought Little Dog an Old Navy hoodie (at Jared's urging!). Buying clothing for dogs ranks among one of the top things I said I would never do. However, the poor little girl shivered morning, noon and night, and I read online that Chihuahuas have a hard time staying warm.
Does that make it okay?
4. This makes me wonder what other shenanigans I will end up doing that I said I never would. I'm concerned.
Please don't judge Future Me.
5. Two nights ago, I ordered an entire large pan pizza from Pizza Hut that had tons of toppings...NONE of which were vegetables. Then I ate three pieces (and OKAY! two bites of a fourth), PLUS dipped the greasy crust in full-fat ranch dressing before eating that, too. All while watching Downton Abbey with my butt planted firmly on the couch. This is the sort of thing that transpires in our house when Jared is on midnights. (Anyone else? Please? I feel so ashamed.)
6. SPEAKING OF FOOD. I'm going to Pittsburgh tomorrow. While there, I plan to immediately consume the following foods: my mom's cookies, my mom's caramel corn, my mom's ham salad. Then I'm thinking I'll move on to homemade pierogies doused in melted butter and fried onions. Which will, at some point, be followed by a giant hoagie with tons of thinly sliced onions and iceberg lettuce. And, of course, two chili/cheese/onion hot dogs from Hot Dog Shoppe with an order of chili/cheese fries on the side.
It's all for the baby and I will not be ashamed. (These are both lies.)
7. Sometimes when I am eating horribly fattening foods, I justify it by telling myself that since I can no longer drink wine or beer, I'm actually still SAVING calories overall.
Has anyone else told themselves this lie?
8. Why is crib bedding so ugly? Seriously.
9. The other day two friends came over, and we talked for 3.5 hours about a disgusting array of topics, to include: childbirth, episiotomies, cracked nipples, baby poop, baby vomit...and seriously...need I go on? And I loved it.
What does this say about me?
10. Can we get back to food again? I'm really hungry.